Christopher H. Suh has more than two decades of experience, specializing in sophisticated trusts and estate planning, transfer tax issues, estate administration, prenuptial agreements, business succession planning for individuals and closely-held businesses, charitable giving, trust reformations, asset protection, guardianships and conservatorships, as well as probate litigation. His practice focuses on designing and drafting estate plans using strategies focused on minimizing estate taxes, drafting instruments such as irrevocable life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts and generation-skipping transfer trusts, and preparing and filing gift and estate tax returns. Known for taking the time to educate his clients, Chris distills complex legal and tax concepts into plain English for their benefit.
Chris was awarded the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC). Beginning in July 2021, he will be serving as President of the Greater Boston Fiduciary American Inn of Court. Chris is also active in various networking and professional groups such as the Boston Estate Planning Council, USA 500 and BNI. He is frequently appointed by the Probate & Family Court to serve as a fiduciary and guardian ad litem in various probate matters. Chris has lectured for and has co-authored a number of chapters in books published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE). Prior to coming to The Wagner Law Group, Chris was a partner in the estate planning department of a leading Boston law firm.
- Recent Developments in Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, and Fiduciary Litigation – Panelist, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) 23rd Annual Estate Planning Conference 2022, April 26, 2022 – Click here for details
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. and M.B.T. - 1999
- University of Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1996
- Phillips Academy, Andover
- Massachusetts, 2000
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Greater Boston Fiduciary American Inn of Court, Board Member
- Boston Center for Adult Education, Board Member
- Member of the “New England Regional Leadership Team” for Phillips Academy, Andover
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) designation by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (NAEPC)
- Boston Magazine Top Lawyers of 2021