About The Wagner Law Group
The Wagner Law Group is a nationally recognized practice in the areas of ERISA and employee benefits, which includes the distinct areas of Fiduciary Compliance, Retirement Plans, ESOPs, Executive Compensation & Nonqualified Plans, Welfare Benefit Plans, PBGC, Taft-Hartley Trusts and Retiree Medical Trusts™. The firm’s practice areas also include Employment, Labor & Human Resources, Investment Management, Bankruptcy and Restructuring, HIPAA, Privacy & Security, Expert Witness, Mergers & Acquisitions, Legislative, Regulatory & Policy Services, Tax Exempt Organizations, Litigation, Independent Fiduciary Services, Trusts & Estates, Probate and Family Law.
Established in 1996 by Marcia S. Wagner, The Wagner Law Group is dedicated to the highest standards of integrity, excellence and thought leadership and is considered to be amongst the nation’s premier ERISA and employee benefits law firms. The firm has offices across the country, providing unparalleled legal advice to its clients, including large, small and nonprofit corporations as well as individuals and government entities worldwide.
“When I started The Wagner Law Group in 1996, I was just as passionate about the law as I am today. I’ve built the firm with lawyers who share my enthusiasm, commitment, honesty and integrity.” – Marcia S. Wagner
Our Legal Team
Our firm’s attorneys, senior benefits consultant and paralegals combine many years of experience in their fields of practice with a variety of backgrounds, including having headed and run practices in large law firms, consulting firms and government entities. Our attorneys include those who are AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Fellows of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, an invitation-only organization of nationally recognized employee benefits lawyers (in which The Wagner Law Group also has the highest concentration of fellows than any other law firm) as well as those who have been named to the prestigious Super Lawyers lists, which highlight outstanding lawyers based on a rigorous selection process and recognized annually as Best Lawyers® in the United States. Our attorneys are highly sought-after speakers for seminars and webinars, have published hundreds of articles, authored dozens of books, and are regularly quoted in the press on matters within their areas of practice. Our firm is distinguished by the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Law Firms as a Tier-1 ERISA and employee benefits law firm. The Wagner Law Group is also certified as a woman-owned and operated business by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, is ranked 22nd in Boston Globe Media’s Top 100 Women-Led Business in Massachusetts and as the 33rd largest woman-owned businesses in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal.
The Wagner Law Group is committed to providing clients with the very best advice and expertise in these constantly changing and complicated areas of the law. The Wagner Law Group offers solid legal solutions and advice based on sound legal knowledge, coupled with great breadth and depth of experience. As a result of dealing directly with experienced practitioners, clients enjoy the benefits of accountability and understanding of their individual needs. Accordingly, the firm achieves the best attributes of small law firms, such as in-depth, personalized attention and reasonable rates, while at the same time maintaining the sub-specialization and sophistication of large firms.
Since its inception, The Wagner Law Group has been committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Please read our Diversity & Inclusion Statement.
We observe these standards in servicing our clients:
- Offering the highest quality of legal services at reasonable rates in the fields of ERISA and employee benefits, employment, labor & human resources, investment management, bankruptcy and restructuring, HIPAA, privacy & security, expert witness, mergers & acquisitions, legislative, regulatory & policy services, tax exempt organizations, trusts & estates, probate, litigation, independent fiduciary services, family law and Union Members Estate Planning;
- Providing our clients with a single source for legal representation in our areas of expertise;
- Emphasizing in our legal services the practical approach, thereby adding value for our clients; and
- Combining personalized attention, sophisticated solutions and best practices for our clients, large and small.
Who Are Our Clients?
Our clients encompass those with whom we have longstanding relationships:
- Publicly-traded multistate and multinational businesses
- Sole proprietors
- For-profit clients
- Professional service organizations
- Nonprofit entities
- Trade and professional associations
- Government instrumentalities
- Financial institutions
What Do We Do?
We offer the highest quality of legal services at reasonable rates.
- Single source – provide a single source for legal representation
- Practical approach – emphasize a practical approach, thereby adding value for our clients
- Personalized attention – combine personalized attention, sophisticated solutions and best practices for our clients
From Our Clients
Hear directly from our clients by visiting our client testimonials page.
The quality of engagement your firm brought into writing ERISA opinion for Active Allocator – marrying regulation, computer science, finance theory, industry drivers – spending months thinking so carefully is exemplary. Most law firms wouldn’t even have known where to begin. – Sameer Jain, Partner Active Allocator, Inc.