Comprehensive ERISA Representation
At The Wagner Law Group, our Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) attorneys work with employers and other sponsors of employee benefit plans on issues arising under ERISA, including fiduciary compliance, retirement plans, employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), welfare benefits and the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) as well as all aspects of ERISA litigation, including expert witness services. We have one of the largest ERISA practice groups in the nation, with clients across the United States and around the world.
The clients of our ERISA practice include publicly traded, multinational corporations, closely held corporations of all sizes; plan administrators, trustees and investment managers; major U.S. financial institutions, broker-dealers and registered investment advisers; governmental entities; professional and trade associations; tax-exempt organizations (especially hospitals and physician organizations and their affiliates); and individual benefit plan participants.
The ERISA Law Issues We Handle
Your ERISA law attorney should be able to help you with any issue that may arise in the practice area. Our lawyers are familiar with every corner of ERISA law and can help you through challenges involving:
- Defined benefit pension plans
- Profit-sharing and 401(k) plans
- Multiemployer plans
- Davis-Bacon plans
- Prototype and other preapproved plans
- Voluntary employees’ beneficiary associations (VEBAs)
- “Cafeteria” plans
- Group medical and health plans (including ACA, HIPAA and COBRA)
- Qualified domestic relations orders
- Qualified medical child support orders
- Qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation programs
- ERISA litigation
While we have in-depth knowledge of these areas of ERISA law and more, we also have the experience to know how to help you through your unique situation.
Our ERISA Attorneys Have Considerable Experience
With more than 25 years of experience at our disposal, you can count on us to provide you with exceptional and dedicated service in:
- Assisting clients in all aspects of establishing, operating, merging and terminating benefit plans and executive compensation arrangements
- Explaining the application of labor and securities laws and regulations to sponsors of employee benefit plans and executive compensation programs
- Developing transactional compliance systems to enable employers to comply with ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code
- Advising clients on the application of the fiduciary responsibility and prohibited transaction provisions of ERISA to various types of transactions and investments
- Representing clients in requests for individual and industrywide (class) exemptions from the prohibited transaction provisions of ERISA
The firm has developed a fiduciary audit practice under which we review the operation of clients’ benefit plans. Our ERISA attorneys also assist clients in locating, selecting and engaging investment advisers for their retirement plans.
We have successfully represented clients before the U.S. Department of Labor, the Internal Revenue Service and the PBGC in audits, examinations and settlement negotiations.
Learn More About Our Services
For more information about particular areas of our ERISA, employee benefits and executive compensation practice, please call 617-357-5200 or email us here.