Alex regularly counsels clients on a wide variety of ERISA matters, including qualified plans and ERISA fiduciary and prohibited transaction issues. He has in-depth experience in preparing expert witness testimony, particularly in relation to ERISA Title I litigation involving fiduciary conduct and prohibited transactions.
Alex also represents clients before the IRS and DOL in connection with audits, qualified plan submissions, corrections, as well as other compliance-related matters. In addition, Alex advises clients on the administration of welfare benefit plans and the termination of employee benefit plans (including orphaned plans), and prepares and manages annual Form 5500 filings, summary annual reports for the plans of firm clients.
Publications & Media
- “Constitutional Challenges to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act,” PDF, New York University Review of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, 2010
SEMINARS AND PRESENTATIONS
- “ERISA Compliance is Critical to Brokers & Employers – A Legal Perspective,” Presentation for the 2013 Workplace Benefits Mania (Las Vegas, Nevada) August 1, 2013
- “Complying with PPACA,” CPA South Shore Breakfast Forum (Braintree, Massachusetts) June 27, 2013
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2006
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell
- B.L.A. - 06/1998
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Massachusetts, 2006
- Burt, Staples & Maner, LP/CTI LP: Boston, MA, Attorney/Consultant, 2007 to 2010
- Internal Revenue Service: Andover MA, Lead Tax Examiner, 2007
- New England Patriots LP, Kraft Group LLC: Foxboro MA, Legal Intern, 2005 to 2006