Dannae also has considerable experience at integrating a range of benefits plans in mergers and acquisitions and in correcting plan errors. Through effective communication, she strives to ensure that complicated compliance issues are succinctly communicated and solutions are promptly provided.
Prior to joining The Wagner Law Group, Dannae was a partner at two leading law firms in St. Louis.
Publications & Media
Articles and Publications
- Secure Act 2.0 Litany of Retirement Change Presents Employers Enhanced Retirement Opportunities for Employee – Co-author, Bloomberg Tax, Tax Management and Compensation Journal, Volume 52, No. 02, February 3, 2023
- First Circuit Illustrates the Importance of the Fiduciary Responsibilities of Health and Welfare Plan Sponsors and Severance Providers Under ERISA – Co-author, Bloomberg Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, Vol. 50 No. 12, December 2, 2022
- Employer Responses to Overturning of Roe v. Wade – Co-author, LexisNexis Practical Guidance, July 11, 2022
- Significant New Corrections Opportunities Stem From IRS Program – PLANADVISER, June 13, 2022 (PDF)
- Understanding the IRS’ New Pre-Audit Letter Program – PLANSPONSOR, June 13, 2022 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits: 2022 Compliance Guide Mid-Year Update – Co-author, Wolters Kluwer, July 2022
- IRS Announces ‘Pre-Audit’ Retirement Plan Pilot Program – 401(k) Specialist, June 7, 2022 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits 2021 Compliance Guide – Co-author, Wolters Kluwer, April 2021
- What Benefits Attys Should Know About The New COVID Law – Law360, March 12, 2021 (PDF)
- Advisers Can Spearhead Retirement Plan Committee Setup and Training – PLANSPONSOR, October 20, 2020 (PDF)
- The Importance of Extending Diversity to the Retirement Plan Committee – PLANSPONSOR, October 14, 2020 (PDF)
- How to Diversify Retirement Plan Committees – PLANADVISER, October 14, 2020 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits 2020 Compliance Guide – Co-authors Katherine Brustowicz, David Gabor, Barry Salkin, Marcia Wagner and Roberta Casper Watson, Wolters Kluwer, December 2019
- Prospects for Electronic Delivery Sparking Enthusiasm for More – Pensions & Investments, November 25, 2019
- An Employer’s Guide to Navigating the ACA Reporting Requirements – Dannae Delano and Roberta Watson, The Practical Lawyer, December 2018 Reprinted with permission from ALI CLE
- An Employer’s Guide to Navigating the ACA Reporting Requirements – Dannae Delano and Roberta Watson, The Practical Tax Lawyer, Fall 2018 Reprinted with permission from ALI CLE
- Dannae DeLano Joins the Wagner Law Group
- Employer-Sponsored Health Plan Federal Regulation: ACA, COBRA, ADA, GINA, CAA, MHPAEA, Reporting Requirements – Ppanelist, Strafford, live CLE webinar, November 23, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (EST) – Click here for details and registration
- Urgent Health Plan Priorities – COBRA Subsidies, and Health and DCAP FSA Extensions and Expansions -Panelist, The Wagner Law Group Webinar, May 26, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 PM (EDT) – Recording available here – PowerPoint presentation available here
- Employee Benefits: Defined Benefit Plan Update – Panelist, American Bar Association Virtual 2021 Midyear Tax Meeting, January 29, 2021 – Click here for details
- Healthcare Reform Compliance for Employee Benefits: Required Plan Changes, Limiting Exposure, Transparency Rules – Dannae Delano, co-panelist, Strafford Live, CLE webinar with interactive Q & A, April 22, 2020, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (ET) – Register here
- The SECURE Act and Spending Bills: Advice for Plan Sponsors and Service Providers – Co-panilst wit The Wagner Law Group FREE webinar, February 13, 2020, 1:00 – 2:00 PM (ET) – Recording available here – PowerPoint presentation available here
- Retirement Plan Audits: Recognizing Plan Errors, Remedying Noncompliance, New IRS and DOL Audit Initiatives – Panelist on Strafford webinar, October 1, 2019, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (ET) – More details here
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Missouri, 2000
- Illinois, 2001
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Employee Benefits Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis Business Journal, "40 under 40,"
- St. Louis Business Journal, "30 under 30,"
- Leadership St. Louis program, class of
- Suelthaus & Walsh, P.C., Associate/Law Clerk, 1999 to 2004
- Thompson Coburn LLP, Associate, 2004 to 2005
- Husch Blackwell LLP, Associate, 2005 to 2011
Departments Consider Potential Safe Harbor for Nonquantitative Treatment Limitations under the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act Regarding Network Adequacy
By Dannae Delano, Roberta Casper Watson and Barry Salkin On July 25, the Departments of Treasury, Labor, and Health and Human Services (the “Departments”) issued proposed regulations and other related guidance under the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act...
By Roberta Watson, Dannae Delano and Barry Salkin Employers frequently provide group health plan coverage for their employees through pre-tax contributions to a cafeteria plan. Elections under a cafeteria plan cannot be revoked during the year, unless there is a...
Departments Issue Guidance on No Surprises Act and Limitations on Cost Sharing Under the Affordable Care Act
By Dannae Delano, Roberta Watson and Barry Salkin In FAQ Part 60, the Departments of Health and Human Service, Treasury, and Labor (the “Departments”) addressed limitations on cost sharing under the Affordable Care Act (the “ACA”), certain relationships between the...
By Dannae Delano, Barry Salkin and Roberta Casper Watson As we have previously described in client alerts, the end of the National Emergency and the cessation of the outbreak period on July 10, 2023, will result in, among other things, the end of the tolling and...
By Dannae Delano U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office for Civil Rights (OCR) issued the following four pieces of guidance announcing enforcement discretion during the COVID-19 pandemic: March 13, 2020 – Enforcement Discretion Regarding COVID-19...