Dannae also has considerable experience at integrating a range of benefits plans in mergers and acquisitions and in correcting plan errors. Through effective communication, she strives to ensure that complicated compliance issues are succinctly communicated and solutions are promptly provided.
Prior to joining The Wagner Law Group, Dannae was a partner at two leading law firms in St. Louis.
Publications & Media
Articles and Publications
- Secure Act 2.0 Litany of Retirement Change Presents Employers Enhanced Retirement Opportunities for Employee – Co-author, Bloomberg Tax, Tax Management and Compensation Journal, Volume 52, No. 02, February 3, 2023
- First Circuit Illustrates the Importance of the Fiduciary Responsibilities of Health and Welfare Plan Sponsors and Severance Providers Under ERISA – Co-author, Bloomberg Tax Management Compensation Planning Journal, Vol. 50 No. 12, December 2, 2022
- Employer Responses to Overturning of Roe v. Wade – Co-author, LexisNexis Practical Guidance, July 11, 2022
- Significant New Corrections Opportunities Stem From IRS Program – PLANADVISER, June 13, 2022 (PDF)
- Understanding the IRS’ New Pre-Audit Letter Program – PLANSPONSOR, June 13, 2022 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits: 2022 Compliance Guide Mid-Year Update – Co-author, Wolters Kluwer, July 2022
- IRS Announces ‘Pre-Audit’ Retirement Plan Pilot Program – 401(k) Specialist, June 7, 2022 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits 2021 Compliance Guide – Co-author, Wolters Kluwer, April 2021
- What Benefits Attys Should Know About The New COVID Law – Law360, March 12, 2021 (PDF)
- Advisers Can Spearhead Retirement Plan Committee Setup and Training – PLANSPONSOR, October 20, 2020 (PDF)
- The Importance of Extending Diversity to the Retirement Plan Committee – PLANSPONSOR, October 14, 2020 (PDF)
- How to Diversify Retirement Plan Committees – PLANADVISER, October 14, 2020 (PDF)
- Mandated Benefits 2020 Compliance Guide – Co-authors Katherine Brustowicz, David Gabor, Barry Salkin, Marcia Wagner and Roberta Casper Watson, Wolters Kluwer, December 2019
- Prospects for Electronic Delivery Sparking Enthusiasm for More – Pensions & Investments, November 25, 2019
- An Employer’s Guide to Navigating the ACA Reporting Requirements – Dannae Delano and Roberta Watson, The Practical Lawyer, December 2018 Reprinted with permission from ALI CLE
- An Employer’s Guide to Navigating the ACA Reporting Requirements – Dannae Delano and Roberta Watson, The Practical Tax Lawyer, Fall 2018 Reprinted with permission from ALI CLE
- Dannae DeLano Joins the Wagner Law Group
- Employer-Sponsored Health Plan Federal Regulation: ACA, COBRA, ADA, GINA, CAA, MHPAEA, Reporting Requirements – Ppanelist, Strafford, live CLE webinar, November 23, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (EST) – Click here for details and registration
- Urgent Health Plan Priorities – COBRA Subsidies, and Health and DCAP FSA Extensions and Expansions -Panelist, The Wagner Law Group Webinar, May 26, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 PM (EDT) – Recording available here – PowerPoint presentation available here
- Employee Benefits: Defined Benefit Plan Update – Panelist, American Bar Association Virtual 2021 Midyear Tax Meeting, January 29, 2021 – Click here for details
- Healthcare Reform Compliance for Employee Benefits: Required Plan Changes, Limiting Exposure, Transparency Rules – Dannae Delano, co-panelist, Strafford Live, CLE webinar with interactive Q & A, April 22, 2020, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (ET) – Register here
- The SECURE Act and Spending Bills: Advice for Plan Sponsors and Service Providers – Co-panilst wit Dan Brandenburg, The Wagner Law Group FREE webinar, February 13, 2020, 1:00 – 2:00 PM (ET) – Recording available here – PowerPoint presentation available here
- Retirement Plan Audits: Recognizing Plan Errors, Remedying Noncompliance, New IRS and DOL Audit Initiatives – Panelist on Strafford webinar, October 1, 2019, 1:00 – 2:30 PM (ET) – More details here
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois
- B.A. - 1997
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Missouri, 2000
- Illinois, 2001
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Employee Benefits Association of St. Louis
- St. Louis Business Journal, "40 under 40,"
- St. Louis Business Journal, "30 under 30,"
- Leadership St. Louis program, class of
- Suelthaus & Walsh, P.C., Associate/Law Clerk, 1999 to 2004
- Thompson Coburn LLP, Associate, 2004 to 2005
- Husch Blackwell LLP, Associate, 2005 to 2011
Departments Issue Guidance Requiring First Annual “Gag” Attestation by December 31, 2023
By Dannae Delano, Roberta Casper Watson and Barry Salkin The Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 (“CAA”) is the most significant compliance challenge for employer health plan sponsors since the Affordable Care Act. Compliance is now required for its provisions...
District Court Once Again Invalidates No Surprises Act Regulations
By Roberta Casper Watson, Dannae Delano and Barry Salkin The No Surprises Act directs the Departments of Treasury, Labor, and Health and Human Services (the “Departments”) to establish a Federal Independent Dispute Resolution Process (the “Federal IDR Process”),...
Federal Agencies Issue Group Health Plan Guidance
By Roberta Watson, Barry Salkin and Dannae Delano On December 23, 2022, new guidance applicable to group health plans was issued by federal agencies, as described more fully below. The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services issued updated fee guidance in...
IRS Announces Expansion of Change in Status Rules for Cafeteria Plans
One of the basic rules under which cafeteria plans operate is that elections are irrevocable except in certain limited circumstances. Further, even when those limited circumstances apply, the change in election must be consistent with the change in status. Legislative...
Agencies Request for Comments on Issues Related to New Disclosures Under the No Surprises Act Indicate the Importance of Informing Marginalized Populations and Maintaining Privacy of Advance Health Care Information
By Roberta Casper Watson, Dannae Delano and Barry Salkin It should come as no surprise that most Americans do not have the information available to them that is necessary to make informed decisions about their medical care that includes the cost of the considered...