Valerie's practice focuses on estate planning, including the drafting of trusts, wills, health care proxies, durable powers of attorney, deeds, homesteads and HIPAA releases. Her experience includes drafting trusts for many clients with multi-generational wealth transfer issues, single individuals, married couples, LBGTQ couples, blended families, college students, single parents and business owners.
Valerie strives to educate clients on the importance of estate planning, giving them the tools they need to plan for their future, with assurance that proper care will be taken of their family and that a legacy will be created for the next generation while saving as much as possible in taxes and fees.
Before joining The Wagner Law Group, Valerie founded the Law Office of Valerie A McCormack PLLC, in Wenham, Massachusetts. Prior to that she practiced in labor and employment law, family law, real estate, personal injury and handled other civil litigation matters.
Valerie is an active member of the Women's Bar Association and represents pro-bono clients through the Women's Bar Foundation Elder Law Project. She is also a member of the Essex County Estate Planning Council, National Association of Elder Law Attorneys, and the Boxford Parent Teacher Organization. She serves on the Greater New England Financial Group Women's Advisory Board, whose purpose is to find ways to support other women in their financial success and address the unique concerns and challenges that women face. She co-chairs the Tri-Town Chapter of Women's Business League.
Publication & Media
- Estate Planning 101 – Speaker, Greater New England Financial Group of Prudential Advisors webinar, March 10, 2022, 1:00 – 6:30 PM (EST) – Click here for details
- Recognizing Women Making a Difference; A little About Valerie McCormack – Greater New England Financial Group of Prudential Advisors Quarterly Newsletter, Issue 02/Q4 2021
- We’re in this Together – Middleton Magazine, Fall 2021 (PDF
- We’re in this Together – Middleton Magazine, Fall 2021
- University of Connecticut School of Law, Hartford, Connecticut
- J.D. - 2004
- Western New England University School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- LL.M. - 05/2022
- Major: Estate Planning
- Flagler College, St. Augustine, Florida
- B.A. - 1998
- Honors: Dean's List, President's list
- Major: Communication and Psychology
- Women’s Bar Foundation Elder Law Project, Boston, MA Pro-Bono Attorney
- Women’s Business League, Tri-Town Chapter, Vice Chair
- Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Chapter/National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Essex County Estate Planning Council, Member
- Greater New England Financial Group Women's Advisory Board, Present
- Massachusetts, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2005
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2007