- ERISA and Employee Benefits
- Executive Compensation
- Investment Management
- Fiduciary Compliance
- Retirement Plans
Patrice counsels clients on all matters relating to retirement plan investing as impacted by ERISA and other regulations. She reviews and negotiates documents covering a range of retirement plan investment transactions involving derivatives, private equity, hedge funds, securities lending, repurchase, and security forward transactions.
She has significant expertise analyzing retirement plans for possible issues related to prohibited transactions. She is also responsible for advising clients and drafting documents concerning retirement plan investment policies, and investment management agreements. Patrice also has extensive experience serving as Counsel to pension plan investment committees, focusing on committee governance and fiduciary matters, and has served as Secretary to the investment committee.
Additionally, Patrice aids clients through audits by the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Department of Labor and the In-House Asset Manager. She negotiates and drafts required derivative documentation, including ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annex, execution and clearing agreements, futures and option agreements, as well as broker/dealer account documentation.
Prior to joining The Wagner Law Group, Patrice served as counsel for Allstate Insurance Company. She has also served as counsel to the Aetna Life & Casualty Company and as associate general counsel to Partners National Health Plans, n/k/a Aetna Health Management.
Publications & Media
- Form CRS: What Investors Need to Know Now – Co-author with Seth Gauddreau, The Streeet’s Retirement Daily, July 22, 2020
- Premier ERISA Law Firm Expands its Investment Management Law Practice With the Addition of Patrice Maloney-Knauff – August 22, 2017 Chicago Daily Herald | BenenfitsLink | PlanSponsor | BNA | Nasdaq | MarketWatch | Wall Street Select | Econtimes | EIN News | InvestorsPlace | StockGuru | 4-Traders | CityBizList | Market Intelligence | Town Hall Financial | Financial Content | World Net Daily
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor, Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1985
- Northern Illinois University
- B.A. - 1981
- Connecticut, 1991
- Illinois, 1985
- Allstate Investments, LLC, Counsel, 1995
- Aetna Life Insurance Company, Counsel, 1990 to 1995