The Wagner Law Group has substantial experience in addressing Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) issues arising under Title IV of ERISA, and works with employers, consulting and actuarial firms and the PBGC to identify the correct legal approach to a problem and deliver effective solutions.
Matters addressed under Title IV of ERISA include:
Our clients include defined benefit pension plan sponsors of all sizes; actuarial consulting firms; financial institutions; investment banking firms; and plan participants.
- Standard terminations when the plan has sufficient funds to pay all benefits owed to participants and beneficiaries
- Distress terminations when the plan has insufficient funds to pay all benefits owed to participants and beneficiaries
- Involuntary terminations when the PBGC takes over a pension plan to protect participants and beneficiaries
- Post-plan termination audits
- PBGC coverage of private-sector defined benefit pension plans
- PBGC flat-rate and variable-rate premiums
- Reportable events affecting either the plan sponsor or the plan
- PBGC annual (4010) filings
- Participant notices and disclosures
- Partial and complete withdrawal liability with respect to multiemployer plans
- Abatement of withdrawal liability
- Merger and acquisition due diligence regarding PBGC and plan funding status
- Representing clients before the PBGC